Are You Ready for a Flat Tire?
April 8th, 2014
Imagine you’ve had a flat tire and you’re on your own.
- Are you safely off the road?
- Can you find the jack? On some vehicles it’s under the hood. On others it’s under or above the spare.
- Do you know how to assemble the jack and make it work? Read the directions in your owner’s manual or on a sticker under the trunk lid.
- Can you find the spare? Maybe it’s mounted under the vehicle, as in the case of some pick-up trucks and SUVs. If it’s in the trunk, can you get to it?
- How long since you checked to see if it’s still inflated?
- Most cars now have space-saving (nicknamed “Mickey Mouse”) spares. They’re smaller, lighter and easier to install than conventional wheels but they’re for emergency use only.
- Have the flat tire repaired or replaced and reinstalled as soon as possible.
Posted in: Automotive Care